Upon initial licensure, an applicant is granted a grace period to work while his/her initial application is being processed. Upon receipt of a completed application packet, a letter will be sent to the applicant granting the grace period. Below are the licensure requirements listed by licensure type.
In order to apply for licensure, you may complete an application online then mail it in with the $140.00 application fee via check or money order, as well as the required documentation listed below. Transcripts and Verifications of Licensure must remain in a sealed envelope.
Below are the requirements listed by license type:
- Master’s degree or doctoral degree in communicative disorders
- Passing score on the PRAXIS exam or ASHA certification
- Completion of no less than 36 weeks of full-time professional experience or its part-time equivalent
SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY PROVISIONAL
- Master’s degree in communicative disorders
- Passing score on the PRAXIS exam
- Appropriate clinical experience in speech-language pathology
SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY ASSISTANT
- A Bachelor’s degree in speech-language pathology or complete a speech-language pathology assistant training program culminating in an associate degree
- At least 100 hours of fieldwork experience carrying out speech-language pathology assistant responsibilities
- Master’s or doctoral degree in communicative disorders
- Passing score on the PRAXIS, ASHA certification, or ABA certification
- If applicant holds only a master’s degree, applicant shall submit evidence of no less than 36 weeks of full-time professional experience or its part-time equivalent